Buying a motor vehicle is one of the biggest financial decisions you will make as a consumer. However many people are impulse buyers and do not research their purchase beforehand.
The fact sheets and brochures below provide advice on making an informed purchase.
- Buying a Second-hand Vehicle (Fact Sheet) - pdf | word
- Buying a Second-hand Vehicle (Brochure) - pdf | word
- Buying a New Motor Vehicle - pdf | word
- Tips for Signing a Contract
- Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) - formerly REVS, a service which can tell you if there is money owing on a motor vehicle you are thinking of buying.
Vehicle owners will very likely require the services of a motor vehicle repairer at some time. Advice on improving the likelihood of a satisfactory outcome when dealing with motor vehicle repairers is provided in the following fact sheet.