Have you been scammed?
Most scams need you to do something before they can work.
- ask you to send them money based on promises that turn out to be false;
- ask you to provide your personal information and bank details.
Some are easy to spot while others are so sneaky you may not know they are scams.
Remember - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Protect YOURSELF (568.9 kb)
- Protect your MONEY (890.5 kb)
- Protect your PHONE (885.2 kb)
- Protect your COMPUTER (891.4 kb)
- Protect your IDENTITY (888.3 kb)
- SCAMS poster (1.3 mb)
- Factsheet - Public Wi-Fi (2.0 mb)
- Factsheet - Passwords & two-factor authentication (2.0 mb)
- Factsheet - Phishing (2.0 mb)
- Factsheet - Software Updates (2.0 mb)
For a copy of 'The Little Black Book of Scams' contact Consumer Affairs on 1800 019 319. SMS 040 111 6801
Other Useful Websites on Scams
- Stay Smart Online
- Protect Your Financial Identity
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC)
- ASIC MoneySmart
- Scamnet WA
- List of Scams NSW
REPORT ANY SCAMS TO CONSUMER AFFAIRS
Phone: 1800 019 319 Email: email@example.com